The types of personal data we collect include:
- Your name, surname, e-mail address, phone number and home address,
- Credit card details (card type, credit card number, card name, expiration date and security code),
- Guest details such as arrival and departure dates, any special requests, comments on service preferences (including room, service or other preferences applied),
- Information you provide about ads, preferences when you participate in surveys, competitions and promotions.
You can always choose what kind of personal information you wish to provide (if you wish so). However, if you choose not to provide us with some information, this may affect some of your transactions.
Automatically collected data
When you use our website, we also collect information automatically, some of which may be personal data. These include details like language settings, IP address, location, device settings, device operating system, activity log, usage time, URL redirect, status report, user information (browser version information), operating system, browsing result (visitor or visitor who booked), browsing history, user code on Booking, and the type of data you viewed. We may also collect data through cookies. For more information about cookies, click here.
Purposes of data processing
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
A. Bookings: We use your personal data to complete and provide your online reservation.
B. Customer service: We use personal data to provide personalized customer service.
C. Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to send you an e-mail invitation to write a review after your stay. In this way you can help other travelers choose the accommodation that suits them best. If you post a review, your review may be posted on our website.
D. Marketing purposes: We may also use your information for marketing purposes as permitted by law. In cases in which we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, such as promotional newsletters and promotional communication for new products and services or other offers that we believe may be of interest to you, we also include a unsubscribe link that you can use if you do not wish to receive such messages from us in the future.
E. Other communication: There may be times that we may contact you by e-mail, post, phone or text message, depending on the contact information you have shared with us. This might be for a variety of reasons:
- We may need to respond to and manage requests you have submitted.
- If you have not completed your reservation online, we may send you a reminder e-mail so you can continue your reservation. This additional service is useful as it allows you to continue your reservation without having to re-check the accommodation or fill in all your booking details again.
- When using our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to write a review about your experience from our website. This additional service is useful both to you and to us because, based on your feedback, we will be able to improve our website and services.
F. Analytical data, improvements and research: we use personal data for research and analytical purposes. We may instruct a third party to do so on our behalf. We may notify or disclose the research results, among others, to third parties, in general and anonymous form. We also use your personal data for analysis purposes in order to further improve our services and user experience as well as to improve the functionality and quality of the online travel services we offer.
G. Security, Trace and Fraud Prevention: We use the information, which may include personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We can also use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, including user authentication. For these purposes, personal data may be shared with third parties, such as law enforcement authorities, as permitted by applicable law, and external consultants.
H. Legal procedures and compliance: In some cases, we need to use the information provided, which may include personal data, for managing and resolving legal disputes or complaints, for regulatory inquiries and compliance, or for the implementation of the agreement(s) or to comply with legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities to the extent required by law.
If we use automated means of processing personal data that have legal effects or that have a significant effect on you, we will take appropriate steps to protect your rights and freedoms, including the right to human intervention.
- For purposes A and B, we rely on the performance of a contract: the use of your data may be necessary to carry out the agreement between us. For example, if you use our services to make an online booking, we will use your data to fulfill our obligation to complete and provide the reservation, as part of the agreement between us.
- With regard to C-H purposes, we rely on our legitimate interests: we use the data for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best and most appropriate content for the website, e-mail and newsletters to improve and promote our products and services, the content of our website, as well as for purposes of managing, detecting fraud and other legal purposes. When we use personal data to serve our legitimate interests, we always give priority to your rights and interests in protecting your data against our rights and interests.
- Regarding purpose H, we also rely, where applicable, on our obligation to comply with current legislation.
- Where required by applicable law, we will ask for your consent before we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you would like to opt out of the data processing referred to in terms C-F and you do not have direct access to an opt-out mechanism (for example, not in your account settings), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booking.com: we work with Booking.com B.V., based on Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereinafter “Booking.com”) to offer you online booking services. Although we provide the content on this website and you book directly with us, the processing of the reservations is made by Booking.com. Therefore, the information you provide on this website is also shared with Booking.com and its affiliate partners. The information may include personal information such as your name, your contact information, payment details, the names of your travel agents, and any preferences you have made when booking. To find out more about the family of Booking.com companies, visit the About page on Booking.com.
- BookingSuite: Your personal data may be shared with BookingSuite B.V., based in Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands, a company that operates this website and suite.booking.com.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities and other government authorities to the extent required by law or when it is absolutely necessary in order to prevent, detect or prosecute criminal offenses and fraud.
International Data Transefer
BookingSuite applies reasonable procedures to prevent access to and misuse of information, including personal data. We use appropriate systems and procedures to protect information that includes personal data. We also apply security procedures and technical and physical restrictions to access and use of personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel has access to personal data.
Your options and rights
We want you to know how we use your personal data. This can be done in the following ways:
- You may request a copy of your data that we maintain,
- You can notify us of any changes to your personal information or you may ask us to correct any of your information,
- In some cases, you may ask us to delete, prevent or restrict the processing of your personal data that we maintain or disagree to specific ways of using your personal data, and
- In some cases you may also ask us to forward the personal data you have given us to a third party.
In cases where we use your personal data following your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, in accordance with applicable law. In addition, in cases where we process your personal data on a legitimate interest or in the public interest, you have the right to express your disagreement at any time regarding this use of your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, correct and up-to-date. Please let us know in advance of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting email@example.com. We will handle your request according to all applicable laws.
Questions / Complaints
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data by us or if you wish to exercise your rights under this policy, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact your local data protection authority for any questions and complaints.